FOR EMPLOYEES AND JOB APPLICANTS
(for Employees and Job Applicants)
The ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION (AUF) is committed to protect and respect your personal data privacy. We are at the forefront of implementing and complying with the Data Privacy Act of 2012. We also seek to strike a balance between your personal privacy, and the free flow of information, especially when pursuing our legitimate interests and when necessary to carry out our responsibilities as an educational institution.
1. UNIVERSITY SERVICES
AUF is a higher education institution committed to excellence in instruction, research and community service. It is the premier university in the region and is among the best universities in the Philippines.
- Registrar and Admissions
- Guidance and Counselling
- Scholarships and Financial Assistance
- Alumni Relations, Job Search and Placement
- Research Technical Assistance
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Student Formation Services
2. COLLECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is collected and acquired during job application and during the whole duration of your employment or engagement in AUF.
- Personal information refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
- Sensitive personal information refers to personal information about individual’s:
(1) Race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
(2) Health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
(3) Document issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, license or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
(4) Other information specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
- For Job Applicants (Pre-employment)
- Personal data through an Information Sheet;
- Application Letter;
- Transcript of Records;
- Professional Licenses;
- Board Rating from PRC;
- Information during screening and/or interview;
- For Accepted Applicants (new Employees)
Set of information including, but not limited to:
- Certificate of Employment;
- Medical Certificate/Fit-to-work;
- NBI or Police Clearance;
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Birth Certificate (applicant/dependents);
- PSA Marriage Contract;
- SSS ID or E1 or E4;
- Pag-IBIG MDR or ID;
- PhilHealth Member Registration Form;
- Tax related documents (TIN ID or BIR Form 1902 with stamp and 2316.
- For Employees/Personnel (during the course of your employment)
- Annual Physical Examination results;
- Performance Evaluation;
- Administrative and disciplinary cases;
- Data that may be used in the processing of loan applications and benefit claims such as, but not limited to certifications of compensations and premium contributions;
- Pictures or videos of activities you participate in, via official documentation of such activities or through recordings from closed-circuit security television cameras install within school premises;
3. DATA COLLECTION METHOD
- Generally, AUF collects personal information held about you by way of forms filled out (electronic or paper), meetings and or interviews.
- It may also collect and generate employee’s personal information in other forms, such as but not limited to, photos and videos of activities, via official documentation, digital materials and recordings from closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras installed in the University’s premises for security purposes.
- Personal information is also requested whenever the University’s online services are availed, such as internet, e-mail, School Information System (SIS), Learning Management System (LMS). Please see AUF Web Application Policy for details.
- There may be instances when personal information is sent to or received by AUF even without our prior request. In such cases, AUF will determine if the information is related to any of its legitimate interest. If not, the information will be disposed accordingly in a manner that will not compromise the privacy of the subject. Otherwise, the information will be treated as declared in this privacy notice.
4. TIMING OF DATA COLLECTION
AUF collects and acquires personal information during the processing of your employment and during the whole duration of your employment or engagement in AUF.
5. PURPOSES OF COLLECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION
AUF generates and uses personal information to pursue its legitimate interests as an educational institution, including various academic, administrative, research, statistical, and historical purposes.
6. STORAGE AND TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
AUF stores personal/sensitive information in print and electronic formats. Access to this information is limited only to the University personnel who have a legitimate interest for purpose of carrying out official duties.
AUF shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures for the protection of personal data which we collected.
The security measures shall aim to maintain the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of personal data and are intended for the protection of personal data against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, and disclosure, as well as against any other unlawful processing.
Our employees shall operate and hold personal data under strict confidentiality. They are required to sign non-disclosure agreements and have received proper orientation/training on the company’s privacy and security policies to ensure confidentiality and security of personal data.
7. METHOD OF USE
Personal data collected shall be used by the University to the extent required or permitted by law, to pursue its legitimate purposes as an educational institution.
The University processes personal information; these include, but are not limited, to the following purposes:
- Recruitment, Testing and Placement
- processing of individual applicants for a particular position;
- verifying the provided information;
- checking background information;
- evaluating academic qualification;
- evaluation of applicants and proper placement of employees in the University;
- Personnel and Employee Relations
- Administration of human resource-related processes, including those relating to performance management, disciplinary and issues.
- facilitation of employee ranking and job grading;
- counseling and consultation of employees;
- monitoring of the attendance of personnel;
- compiling statistics and conducting surveys and research for management planning and decision-making;
- designing and conducting of Training Needs Analysis (TNA);
- providing trainings that is relevant to the needs of the employees and the organization;
- Compensation and Benefits
- conducting job evaluation;
- managing compensation and incentive programs;
- improving retirement and health care benefits, meeting employee health and safety needs.
- processing of salary, benefits, loans and other standard employment function.
8. LOCATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is stored securely in a variety of print and electronic formats, including databases that are shared between and among the University’s different units or offices. Access to personal data is limited to University personnel who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their official duties.
9. THIRD PARTY TRANSFER
As a general rule, AUF does not and will not share personal information with third parties without consent from the concerned employee, except as necessary for the proper execution of processes related to a declared purpose, or if the use or disclosure is reasonable, necessary, required or authorized by or under the law.
In the proper execution of duties and responsibilities relevant to its legitimate interest as an educational institution, AUF may share, disclose or transfer personal/sensitive information with government agencies, certification and accreditation bodies, and other institutions or organizations. These include, but not limited, to the following:
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Department of Education (DepEd)
- Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA)
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
- Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
- Legal Education Board (LEB)
- Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
- Civil Service Commission (CSC)
- Philippine Association of Accrediting Schools, Colleges, and Universities (PAASCU)
- ISO Certification Body
- Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC)
Further, AUF may share personal/sensitive information with third parties for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- Submission of information to government agencies such as Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Social Security System (SSS), Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), and Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)/Pag-IBIG Fund for the provision of employment benefits mandated by law;
- Sharing necessary information to contracted providers such as insurance companies, in relation to any or all of your loan application and insurance;
- Sharing of information with entities or organizations for accreditation, certification and ranking purposes (e.g., PAASCU and ISO Certifying Body);
- Disclosure of your information related to employment as required by the DOLE as part of the University’s reportorial obligations;
- Marketing or advertising to promote the school, including its activities and events, through photos, videos, brochures, website posting, newspaper advertisements, bulletin boards, and other media;
- Publishing communications with journalistic content, such as news information in University/schools/colleges publications, website and social media sites;
- Investigating incidents that relate to employee’s behavior and implementing disciplinary measures;
- Complying with court orders, subpoenas and/or other legal obligations;
- Depository Banks handling ATM payroll accounts and Banks managing the University’s retirement funds for its employees.
10. RETENTION PERIOD
The retention of personal information is based on relevant laws and/or University policies. Where retention period is provided, all affected records will be securely disposed of after such period.
11.PARTICIPATION OF DATA SUBJECT
AUF recognizes your rights with respect to your personal data, as provided by the DPA of 2012. If you wish to exercise any of your rights, or should you have any concern or question regarding them, this Notice, or any matter involving the University and data privacy, you may contact the University Data Protection Officer.
Rights of the Data Subjects:
- The right to be informed;
- The right to access;
- The right to object;
- The right to erasure or blocking;
- The right to damages;
- The right to file a complaint;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to data portability.
For complete details of your rights as data subject, you can visit National Privacy Commission website at https://privacy.gov.ph/.
If you have concerns regarding the processing of your personal/sensitive information, you may address your concerns to:
The Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Angeles University Foundation
Mac Arthur Highway, Angeles City, Philippines 2009
Tel. No.: (63-45) 625-2888 ext. 1791